Fundraising & Donations
The FHRF raises funds through a variety of methods, including donors. The foundation donors were:
- Inanya Holdings
- State cat control bodies, including the Feline Control Council of Victoria, Governing Council of the Cat Fancy Victoria and Australia, and Cat Owners Association of Western Australia
- Cat clubs, including the Abyssinian Cat Club, Balinese Cat Club, Birman Cat Club, Birman Society, Burmese Cat Society, Holiday Coast Cat Club, Illawarra Pedigree Cat Club, Melrose Longhair Club, Pedigree Persian Cat Club, Peninsula Cat Club, and the Russian, Somali, Abyssinian and British Cat Club
- Coordinating Cat Council of Australia Judges conference
- Individuals, including Rae Ealey, Kerry Fowler, Karen Govier, Allison Hall, George Kennedy, Christine Kindred, Wendy McDonald, Brian Richings and family, Diane Royal, Julie Rya, Steven Savant, Denis Turner, Rhondda and Peter Watson, and Jenny West
Sources of ongoing funding have included:
- a small levy attached to show entry costs or kitten registrations applied by some CCCA State and Territory affiliates
- the proceeds from an annual cat show managed by the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy Victoria and Australia
- donations collected at cat shows
- donations from individuals (tax deductible over $2)
- memorial donations (click here for details)
The FHRF is a tax-deductible, non-profit Public Ancillary Fund. There are special tax treatments for donations and fundraising activities and concessions available.
A fundraising guide that provides all necessary information for potential FHRF donors and fundraisers is available in electronic form and hard copy from the Australian Tax Office (ATO) at http://www.ato.gov.au/content/56536.htm.
There are also State, Territory and local government fundraising requirements relating to organisations such as the FHRF and details can be found on the ATO website at http://www.ato.gov.au/content/56555.htm under the relevant State or Territory and at http://www.ato.gov.au/content/56553.htm for information in relation to local governments.
Please ensure that you adhere to all Federal, State, Territory and local government laws and regulations if undertaking fundraising activities for the FHRF.
Enquiries about fundraising can be directed to the Secretary, Helen, Radoslovich, by email to email@example.com
Making a Donation
Donations can be directed to:
Feline Health Research Fund
6 Walker Place, HIGHBURY SA 5089.
Donors wishing to make a direct deposit donation can lodge funds in the FHRF’s Westpac account
BSB 032 713
Account number 18-6171.
Please add your name when making a direct deposit so that the Treasurer can forward a receipt. Deductions of $2.00 or more are tax deductible. No administration charges are deducted from any donations.
PAY BY PAYPAL – secure payments here
Acknowledgment of Donations
Please click here for an overview of key donations to the FHRF since 2006.
Wills and Bequests
Cat lovers could consider leaving a bequest to the FHRF through their wills. This is a guaranteed way to improve the lives of cats into the future. Should you decide to leave a bequest, please notify your solicitor of the following wording to ensure that your wishes are met.
I give (my estate) or (specific percentage of my estate) or (specific asset) or (the resit of my estate) or (the sum of $AU_____) to the Feline Health Research Fund to be used for the purpose of research to benefit companion cats. I declare that the receipt of the Feline Health Research Fund shall be sufficient discharge to my trustees.
The FHRF thanks most sincerely those who will donate in this way in the future.
Have any questions or ideas?
Helen Radoslovich: 0408 812 319